Text Resize

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

One City One Call

One City One Call

Get the services you need, when you need them.

Call 911 for services from Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) or DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services (FEMS).

311 is the number you should use to request city services such as a bulk trash pick-up, to report a pothole, alley clean-up or repair, or to be connected directly to any District government agency.

Use the table below as a guide.

More information

Call Description
Call 911
(for police, fire or emergency medical services)
  • Any crimes in progress (or just occurred)
  • Serious violent crimes such as homicide, robbery, domestic violence and assault  
  • Fire/medical emergencies  
  • Gunshots or a person with a gun or other dangerous weapon
  • Home/business intruders  
  • Vehicle crashes with personal injury, major property damage or traffic tie-ups  
  • Illegally parked cars that are blocking traffic
  • Or if you see a criminal you know is wanted by the police
Call 311
(for city services and information)
  • Broken Meters
  • Bulk collection
  • Missed trash pick- up
  • Potholes
  • Abandoned autos  
  • Parking enforcement  
  • Tree Services
  • Illegal Dumping
  • City agency phone numbers, addresses and hours of operations