The Office of Unified Communications is proud to announce the launch of its first Junior Academy. This free of cost, five (5) week program aims to familiarize high school students to OUC career opportunities with hopes to onboard participants who have a passion for public safety and serving residents.
The next cohort of the OUC Junior Academy will begin in March 2024. The sessions include:
- An overview of 911 and 311 communications and call handling simulations
- A question-and-answer session with OUC leadership
- A mock CritiCall test, the national pre-employment test for 911 call takers and dispatchers
- Visits with our public safety partners at DC Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) and DC Fire and Emergeny Medical Services Department (DC Fire and EMS)
- A graduation ceremony and certificate of completion
If you would like to join the OUC Junior Academy, please complete the interest form.
If you are ready to start your career at OUC, please visit careers.dc.gov.