The Office of Unified Communications’ (OUC) 311 Call Center Operation provides a one-stop service experience for constituents, residents and visitors searching for DC government services, numbers and information. The Operation was designed to make the public's interaction with the city government less frustrating.
Dial 311, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to request scheduled services such as trash removal, pothole repair, bulk pick-ups and recycling collection. Callers can also use this number to report a missed scheduled service, inquire about city agency phone numbers and hours of operation, and to pursue other customer service-related items.
Ways to Reach DC311
DC311 is empowering citizens to engage with the agency from anywhere, on any device.
- Call DC 311 at 311 or (202) 737-4404 if calling from outside the District
- Text "NEW" or "MENU" 32311 (DC311)
- Tweet the Office of Unified Communications at @311DCGov
- Visit the Online Portal at 311.dc.gov
- Download the DC 311 Mobile App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Live Chat with a 311 Customer Service Representative via the 311 Online Portal
If you are calling from outside the District, dial (202) 737-4404 to reach the 311 Call Center Operation.