OUC has established 3-1-1 text messaging services and SMS short code 32-311 that allows citizens in the District of Columbia to reach the call center for requesting assistance with city services and information. Text to DC311 (32311) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Very easy to use, just text 3-2-3-1-1 from your mobile phone and type “Menu”, “New”, or “Service”, to get started. You will receive an automated response with a menu offering three options:
Receive DC Government agency contact information
- From the main menu, text an agency acronym or the full agency name to receive a text back with the agency’s address, phone number, business hours, URL and email address.
Check the status of existing service requests
- You have the capability of texting your service request number to find out if your service request is open or closed.
Submit a new service request for city services
- You can submit a new service request for our most popular service requests.
- The current featured services are parking meter repairs, trash collection – missed, recycling collection – missed, bulk collection or potholes.
Text to DC311 Menu and Shortcuts
- Text MENU or NEW to 32311 to submit a new service request
- Text STATUS to 32311 to check on existing service requests.
- Text INFO to obtain the contact information of a DC Government agency.
- To report a broken parking meter, text PARKING to 32311
- For missed scheduled trash collection, simply text TRASH to 32311
- To cancel service, text STOP
- For assistance, text HELP
Terms & Conditions:
*The District does not charge for this service; however, your provider's text message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies by use.