A New Way to Reach 311!
The Office of Unified Communications is pleased to announce a new way to access 311 for city services and non-emergency information. Text to DC311 (32311) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
It’s easy to use. Just text 32311 from your mobile phone and type “Menu”, “New”, or “Service”, to get started. You will receive an automated response with a menu offering three options:
1. Request agency contact information
2. Check on an existing service request
3. Submit a new service request
We’re starting with a few of our most popular city service requests:
- Streetlight repairs
- Missed trash
- Bulk collection
- Reporting broken parking meters
- Pothole repairs
If what you need is not on the featured list, choose the option of “Other Service Requests” and you will be redirected to 311 Online (311.dc.gov), where you can submit a service request just as quickly.
Text to DC311 features include the following:
- Self-service mobile phone functionality
- Easy to request city services and DC government agency information
- Increased access to check the status of service requests
- Real time reporting
There are several shortcuts that will enable users to bypass the standard menu like “STREETLIGHT”, “POTHOLE”, or “TRASH”.
*The District does not charge for this service; however, your provider's text message and data rates may apply.
Provide feedback about Text to DC311 by going to Grade.DC.